Right now, sustainable beauty is booming. Here at Solid Scent Co. we’re big fans of adopting a planet-conscious lifestyle and are completely transparent about the creation process our products go through. We’re proud to be leaders in curating the most eco-friendly scented products that are practical and premium. Once you try a Solid Scent Co. product, you’ll be hooked. Here’s everything you need to know about how they’re made…
Solid Scent Co. range
This range consists of Solid Perfume for women and Solid Cologne for men, but really they’re great unisex blends too. The perfumes are housed in compact metal containers, which are travel and pocket-friendly, meaning they can come everywhere with you. Filled with the most luxurious ingredients like rose, vanilla, grapefruit and sandalwood, they last on your skin for hours.
How they’re made
- Essential oils from the fragrances are collected by our expert perfumers at Solid Scent Co.
- Instead of mixing these with alcohol and water like ordinary perfumes, we entwine the essential oils with cocoa butter, shea butter, almond oil and beeswax to create a solid formula that smells oh-so-gorgeous.
- Once it’s moulded into the circular shape, it’s popped into the metal compact and ready to meet you at checkout.
- 100% refillable
- Sustainably sourced
- Plastic-free packaging (98%)
- Paraben free
- Cruelty free
- Eco-friendly metal compact that doesn’t need replacing
Top picks to try now
Solid Perfume Luna: a floral frenzy of jasmine, roses and freesia.
Solid Cologne Ralston: a spicy burst of ginger, basil flower and white pepper.
These sustainable solid scents don’t just smell irresistible, they’re also great for your skin. Gently moisturising your wrist and neck, they leave skin feeling smooth (they’re even perfect for people with eczema and dry skin conditions). What’s more, the rich bases of shea butter and beeswax really stick to your skin, meaning the smell will last a long time and you’re highly likely to pick up some compliments. Best of all, once you’re finished with your solid scent, you don’t need to buy a new container – simply opt for a refillable fragrance and pop it in the one you already have.
Solid Soap Bar & Shampoo range
These are solid soap and shampoo bars, but not as you know it. Smelling just as incredible as our scented fragrance range, they contain natural botanical ingredients that work hard to cleanse, tone and moisturise. Plus, each product incorporates therapeutic notes that are specifically chosen to uplift and induce calm.
How they’re made
- Rainwater is captured and filtered from the Antrim Glens in Northern Ireland
- It’s then mixed with the most delightful smelling essential oils
- 5% of these oils are left unsaponified, staying in their original state
- The soap is hand poured and left to solidify
- Then the soap is cut and left to cure for around 6 weeks
- It’s bevelled to create smooth edges, so that it’s easy to hold and use
- Finally, it’s wrapped in our eco-friendly packaging, ready to be used or gifted
- Ethically and sustainably sourced
- Planet-conscious process, using hands instead of machinery
Top picks to try now
Solid Soap Lavender & Lemongrass: a refreshing soap enriched with lavender, lemongrass, tea tree and seaweed.
Solid Soap Patchouli & Sweet Orange: Hints of patchouli, orange and ylang-ylang mixed with earth clay make this a deeply refreshing soap.
Solid Shampoo Bar Patchouli, Tea Tree & Sweet Orange: Lather this into your hair and enjoy the mix of orange peel, tea tree and jojoba oil which leave hair smooth and silky.
The sustainable soaps and shampoo are truly nourishing for the skin and hair, courtesy of the most natural blends. You’ll love the shampoo that features jojoba oil and tussah silk, which promotes shine and hydrates dry scalps. Each one is a guilt-free buy because you’ll be significantly reducing your carbon footprint when you choose a Solid Soap or Solid Shampoo Bar.